Latest Episode of Condopedia is Released!
As our readers know, we recently launched a podcast – Condopedia – as another initiative to provide even greater insight on the latest developments in condominium law in Ontario.
Our latest episode is another COVID-19 Q&A session that occurred on March 27, 2020. In that session, our lawyers answered questions on:
- Financial issues: What Boards should do with requests for condo/parking fee deferments?
- Status certificates: Should there be a “blanket” statement included on them?
- Deliveries: What should the condominium do about deliveries?
- Quarantine and Self Isolation: Can a condominium police mandated self-isolation?
- Volunteers: What should condominiums do with volunteer initiatives during this time?
- Reporting and Communicating: Should a board notify residents if there is a positive case in the building?
- Maintenance and Repair: Should annual fire inspections be conducted during this time?
- Guests: should they be allowed in condo buildings?
We also answered specific questions such as:
- What should the protocol be should there be a fire emergency required during the Covid-19 situation?
- Would real estate agents be considered an essential service?
- What about move-ins and move-outs?
- Is perimeter fencing considered essential work?